Civil & Structural Engineering Apprenticeship
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious apprentice to provide support to the Civil and Structures Teams in Sidcup, whilst working towards the successful completion of the Civil & Structural Engineering Apprenticeship.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- You will be assisted in learning new skills and gain wide experience in a number of construction sectors.
- We will target growth so that you will develop more responsibility in the role and advance your expertise such that you work with progressively less supervision.
Typical duties will include:
- Production of drawings within the CAD team under the supervision of the CAD manager and Engineers to gain an understanding of CAD tools and the drawing output required for projects.
- Prepare issue sheets and other administrative duties to gain an understanding of information management.
- Assist in the production of Civil and Structural Engineering designs complying with current codes and standards.
- Assist with surveys and site inspections and associated reports and schedules.
- Once the Apprentice has sufficient knowledge of output and administration duties will progress towards undertaking designs, site surveys and inspections with more responsibility under the supervision of more experienced engineers.
- Clearly marking up work for the CAD team from designs produced and subsequent checking of output for quality and content prior to issuing.
- Undertaking design checks of other Engineers work.
- Assist in development of software, CPD and training.
- Assist with fee proposals and business development.
- Monitor project expenditure.
- Progression of Student Membership to the Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Communicate with clarity both in writing and verbally.
- Have logical and analytical skills to solve problems.
- Be a good listener and learner.
- Have integrity.
- Good IT skills, including basic Microsoft MS Office.
- Good timekeeping.
- Have high standards in quality delivery of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams.
What training will you take and what qualification will you get at the end?
- The successful candidate will complete a Level 6 Apprenticeship Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- The successful candidate’s training will be a one day a week release to attend University.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK (where the role and apprenticeship is based).
- Successful candidate must meet or exceed the entry requirements.
- What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment.
- Competitive salaries and earning opportunities.
- Develop all round Engineering skills and attributes with the aim of completion of the degree and promotion to Graduate Engineer.
- Progression within the respective Institution.
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
- A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
- A Level or equivalent Physical Science (Grade 9-4) Essential
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK (where the role and apprenticeship is based). Have genuine interest in Civil and Structural Engineering. Must meet or exceed the entry requirements. Have enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn. Can communicate well across all areas of the business.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.