Frankham is seeking a motivated and forward thinking Building Surveyor to join our Civil Engineering team.
To work within the national operational property Inspection team to successfully deliver condition surveys and other professional property inspection services.
Training will be provided so if you don’t have rail experience for example, we can help you with that aspect. The rail industry is a great place to work and often more secure in harder financial climates. This could be the start of a new career for you.
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Extensive previous inspection experience
- Qualified to, or working towards, professional membership of RICS or CIOB
- In depth knowledge of construction types and materials
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Ability to use Atrium/Trimble software and SDE computer systems and applications, similar to tablet and smart phone technology
- Ability to work outdoors in all-weather types
- Ability and availability to work at weekend and during night time possessions
- Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Qualified to STE 5 (Training Provide if required)
- Ability to lead surveying teams on complex sites and developing
- Knowledge of the railway industry (Possession planning)
- Knowledge and understanding of structural mechanics
- PTS,DRA, Asbestos awareness, confined space awareness, working at height
- Rail safety critical competence (COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
- Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
- Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record to demonstrate previous experience, knowledge and skills
- Motivated and engaged to deliver and assist team members
- Good organiser and communicator who leads teams
- Innovative and forward thinking embraces new technology
- Accomplished and enthusiastic with energy to motivate team and drive results
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.