We are seeking a positive and dynamic Building Services Engineer (Mechanical) to join our Building Services team.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Carrying out detailed surveys of mechanical plant, services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to coordinate and report findings to others as required.
- Preparation of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports covering all aspects of mechanical services and in collaboration with other disciplines. Technical report production, using CAD as appropriate. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
- Contract administration, project management, site supervision and commissioning of projects in accordance with the Client’s Brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
- Preparation, coordination, archiving and retrieval of CAD drawings and Revit/BIM models as necessary.
- Preparation and management of design calculations, including building thermal modelling utilising approved software tools such as TAS, IES, Hevacomp and Cymap, Amtech and Dialux, and assisting in the supervision & mentoring of junior members of staff doing the same.
- Production of energy strategies and renewable energy feasibility studies in accordance with project sustainability and planning requirements.
- To provide sufficient design information to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer to assist in the financial control of the contract being maintained within the Client’s budget. Assist in the monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
- Ensure in the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
- Liaise with all Group representatives including Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, and Company’s Representatives etc as required.
- Undertake all work within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and record time spent accurately against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or current) at the earliest opportunity.
- Assist in the identification of new design work opportunities on behalf of Frankham.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- Either 2-3 years’ post graduate experience or comparable work experience within the building services design environment both off and on site.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Experience in AutoCAD, Revit and design software (Hevacomp, TAS, CYMAP, IES etc).
- Experience of working as a Mechanical Building Services Engineering Consultant, including HVAC design, energy and sustainability etc.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent by experience accredited to a professional body for route to Chartered Engineer registration with ECUK.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established building services design team reporting directly to their Line Manager.
Benefits & Initiatives
We offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working scheme.
- SimplyHealth healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Professional institution fees covered.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.