We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Bid Coordinator to join our team to support the Group Bid Manager in implementing the Work Winning Strategy by coordinating, preparing and managing bids and proposals, and ensuring that best practice standards are applied.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
To support the Group Bid Manager (GBM) in implementing the Work Winning Strategy by coordinating, preparing and managing bids and proposals, and ensuring that best practice standards are applied. To support the Bid Manager (BM) in daily bid management activities, and to work as part of the team and promote healthy and positive working environment. To liaise with technical leads and Directors and maintain positive relationships and support them in winning work.
Project coordination of Bid Proposals
- Support bid team when required on bids including setting up project plan and providing support with client interface and communication via e-portal.
- Managing, reviewing and updating bid library content, liaising with the Marketing team to help creating and updating bid CVs and case studies.
- Co-ordinate bid production activities for prequalification questionnaires.
- Ensuring quality of bid responses always achieve top scoring and target win rate.
- Assist in management of the planning and project management of the production and delivery of all bid projects to ensure these are delivered within submission timescales.
- Consolidate content from contributors into the required format and flag gaps to Bid Manager.
- Reading and understanding client bid documentation, deadlines and submission requirements.
- Contribute to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation.
- Ensure best practice and adherence to existing bid procedures, governance and processes.
Editing, reviewing & writing
- Supporting the GBM and BM with writing and review of proposals / assisting with conducting Reviews and holding brainstorm meetings when required.
- Ensure that the branding of bids is compliant to the requirements, that it is client focused as well as in line with Frankham Brand Guidelines.
- Ensuring company CVs are up to date and reviewed.
- Liaising with the Marketing team and helping write case studies and other material as part of promotion / business development activities.
Bid Library and Model Responses
- Working closely with the BM, develop and maintain the knowledge library.
- Assist in planning the monthly accounting cycle.
- Leading on assigned topics and liaising with internal subject matter experts for input / updates and added value.
- Ensure the Standard Company Information is up to date.
- Assist the BM and GBM with writing and re-writing of Model Bid Responses.
Liaison & communication
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with all external bodies involved in the production of a proposal.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication within the company of information relating to production and delivery of bid proposals.
- Promptly report to and liaise with the GBM.
- Support other members of the Bid Team and promote a positive team working environment.
Any other ad-hoc duties to support GBM as required.
- You will have some experience in working within bids or proposals, ideally within a construction consultancy industry.
- You will have proactive approach and be willing to learn.
- You will be results driven and strive for best quality work. You will have excellent attention to detail, be able to work to multiple deadlines and be able to lead and support others in making sure those deadlines are followed.
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Ability to engage and influence teams at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Proactive, positive attitude and willingness to learn is a must
- Strong organisational, planning and communication skills
Skills and Experience
- 1 – 3 years’ successful experience in a bid management environment
- Excellent English both written and spoken
- APMP qualified or willing to be is a must
- Bid Experience within construction / consultancy is preferable
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Sector bidding
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Working with public sector organisations
- Knowledge of the OJEU and public procurement systems
- Knowledge of InDesign is welcomed
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working scheme.
- SimplyHealth healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.