Frankham is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Assistant Surveyor to join our Civils Examinations Framework Agreement (CEFA) Civil Engineering team.
To assist the national operational property Inspection team to successfully deliver condition surveys and other professional property inspection services.
Full training and experience will be provided, so if you have experience in property and construction, your application will also be considered. This could be the start of a new career for you. Railway competence and qualifications trained and provided.
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with over 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham, we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Assist with Inspection duties as instructed the management team
- Assist team to deliver workbank on time, to specification and within budget
- Adhere to safe working practices and comply with key processes
- Develop skills, knowledge and experience and progress to surveyor status
- Assist survey team on railway possession work and actively participate in inspections
- Input survey information accurately and in a timely manner to meet report deadlines
- Advise management team of any inspection work not completed
- Report any immediate or significant defects or safety issues
Relevant Key Processes:
- Railway Rulebook
- Competence and training in civil engineering NR/SP/CTM/017
- Handbook for the examination of structures L3/CIV/006
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Degree level qualification in Building Surveying or similar acceptable qualification
- Alternatively experience in building and construction for someone looking to change career
- Knowledge of construction types and materials
- Basic knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Ability to use computer systems and applications, similar to tablets and smart phone technology
- Ability to work outdoors in all-weather types
- Ability and availability to work at weekend and during night time railway possessions
- Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Previous inspection experience
- PTS, DRA, Asbestos awareness, confined space awareness, working at height
- Working towards Associate Building Surveyor (ARICS), Incorporated Builder (ICIOB)
- Knowledge and understanding of structural mechanics
- Knowledge of the railway industry
- Rail safety critical competence (COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
- Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
- Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products
- Enthusiastic and energetic with desire to complete tasks to the best of their ability
- Good communicator and collaborator
- Team player
- Well organised
- Motivated and engaged: wants as an individual and their team to be successful
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working scheme.
- SimplyHealth healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Performance Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Possible van to travel to sites where eligible
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.