Assistant Engineering Manager (Reactive Rail Maintenance)
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Assistant Engineering Manager to join our Civils team to lead and assist in the management of the Reactive Rail Maintenance team.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership, be capable of taking a lead role in client management and driven towards developing the team.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team as well as genuine opportunities for career progression. This role will provide the opportunity to mentor and develop engineers and support the team through technical challenges.
Salary: £54,000 – £61,000
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham, we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the rail industry in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Experience of inspection and/or examination of civil engineering structures.
- Knowledge of programme management using Microsoft Project or other suitable software is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Experience undertaking designs and calculations for rail structures projects, including lineside, station and depot buildings and bridges and civil engineering structures.
- Experience of Network Rail Assurance forms.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience checking and approving designs and calculations.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience of Eurocodes and Rail Standards.
- Previous CRE rail civils experience desirable but not essential.
- Chartered or Incorporated qualification desirable but not essential.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Preparation of fee proposals and agreeing scopes with clients.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme and assign resources accordingly.
- Act as a Line Manager.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Lead, support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Supervise, check and/or approve technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Lead design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Coordinate and ensure the production of specification and drawings are to highest standards.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Assist with the promotion of the company’s capabilities to existing and prospective clients.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.