We are a successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, we have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
Frankham Oxford has a requirement for a Building Surveyor experienced in the application of technology, building design and construction to be an integral part of the team with specific skills in a supporting role. This would ideally suit an APC Candidate.
Requirements are for the collation, organisation and investigation of technical information for use during the development of the project design.
- Collating and organising technical information.
- Investigating technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring health and safety in design
- Preparing regulatory applications
- Project programming
Requirement for the application of technology, building design and construction.
- Preparing design proposals using CAD and traditional methods.
- Contributing to the detailed design process and co-ordinating detailed design information.
- Preparing specifications for construction work.
- Preparing relevant document deliverables noted above
- Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
- Contributing to design stage risk assessment.
Requirement to participate in the process.
- Making site visits
- Obtaining tenders for construction work
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation
- At least 3 years associated experience
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- AutoCAD (essential)
- Construction Technology including an understanding of JCT contracts
- National Building Specification NBS
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Progressing towards Chartered Membership of RICS
- Building Surveying related degree
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility.
- Client facing
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org