We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy. Established for over 37 years and with a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Building Surveyor to join our existing team based at our Oxford Office.
- Deliver the culture of the company and the company values;
- Ensuring that all surveying work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and
regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of
those surveying institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Undertaking role of contract administrator, employer’s agent, project manager on surveying
and multi disciplinary commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of building surveys including condition surveys, dilapidation surveys and
- Providing design solutions and producing reports.
- Advising on solutions to building pathology problems
Undertake the role of party wall surveyor.
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of the company. Attending
company marketing functions and representing the company as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationship with the company’s client base. Liaising with
company representatives, clients, other consultants and contractors.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Workbench.
- Knowledge of public sector clients, particularly Education, Health, Defence, Civil Government,
Housing and Transport sectors.
- Managing individual client workloads and framework agreements.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Key Skills & Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery with assistance where necessary.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of Client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Understanding of how to use Workbench to extract, monitor and review the key reports including: job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, and aged debtors.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices.
- To be able to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to use Autocad Architecture to an intermediate level.
- Control and monitor work to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure client brief and delivery programme are achieved.
- Assist the manager to ensure that projects are set-up on Workbench, and that time is
accurately recorded against projects.
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure timely delivery and that budgets are on
track. Assist in resolving issues and manage change control.
- Monitor customer service proactively to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to
achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage the client relationship in conjunction with the manager.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes with clients and sub contractors.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service of the team is maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- Assist with the input for PQQs and fee bids.
- Preparation of case studies and other marketing material.
- To assist the manager on resource needs for projects.
- To assist the manager on developing and maintaining the business plan.
- Understanding of how to use Workbench and extract, monitor and review the key reports
relating to: job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, and aged debtors.
- To ensure Workbench is kept up-to-date – forecasts, pipeline, raise project numbers, etc.
- Ensure the timely issue of invoices and the execution of the client pledge.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.