We are a successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, we have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
We are currently looking for a Building Physics Engineer / Sustainability Consultant to join our growing team based in London.
- Educated to Masters level in Engineering or the built environment. Good understanding of mechanical building services with background in building physics and passive design.
- Demonstrable knowledge on sustainability and building physics issues affecting the built environment. In particular: passive design, thermal comfort and operational energy.
- Relevant practical experience on IES HVAC modelling, comfortable with the production of operational energy modelling (CIBSE TM54), dynamic modelling for thermal comfort and overheating risk using IES (CIBSE TM52/TM59).
- Competent in the production of Energy Strategies for planning applications. Experience with compliance modelling for Part L of the UK Building Regulations and Greater London Authority (GLA) requirements using NHER (SAP) and IES (SBEM/DSM). Experience using Passivhaus (PHPP) package would be a bonus.
- Practical knowledge on passive design, façade performance, shading, daylighting, renewable energy technologies and demand side response.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Assessment Methodology such as BREEAM/WELL.
- Ideally accredited either Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCEA), On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) or Passivhaus Designer.
- Knowledge of whole life carbon analysis, life cycle carbon costing is highly desirable. Experience using One Click LCA or similar software would be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate should have experience working within the whole construction process from concept to handover, and demonstrate genuine interest in sustainability and zero carbon building design.
- Technical project leadership
- Building performance simulation and energy related modelling work
- Writing comprehensive Energy Strategies, Sustainability Statements, CIBSE TM54, TM52, TM59 reports.
- Project delivery for our key work streams: Building physics, Building performance and operational energy optimisation, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability and Certification and Compliance.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.