Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Building Surveying Team at our head office in Sidcup as an Assistant/Graduate Building Surveyor
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
We offer a competitive benefits package together with excellent career prospects and progression.
- Assisting in ensuring that all work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well our client’s needs. Also ensuring compliance the relevant records and systems requirements of the Company and of those surveying and other Institutions with which the Company is associated.
- Assisting Building Surveyors in their undertaking the role of Contract Administrator/Project Manager on Building Surveying building works commissions.
- Assisting in the undertaking of a variety of Building Surveys including measured surveys, condition surveys and access audits.
- Assisting in providing building surveying design solutions and producing reports.
- Assisting with Party Wall, Dilapidations and other quasi-legal projects.
- Assisting in fire safety assessment and remediation projects.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Frankhams own financial and job management database and Client specific systems.
Preferably office based and site-based work experience in Building Surveying undertaken subsequent to a suitable university course. Minimum 1 year relevant experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to write succinct and accurate reports.
- A good knowledge of the current Building and Fire Regulations and Planning Laws.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Attained BSc in Building Surveying or in last year of study.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established team reporting directly to a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor.
- A good team player who is willing to work hard.
- An ambition to qualify as a Chartered Building Surveyor.
- The role will allow for future development, training and progression into a Senior Surveyor role with the aim of achieving an RICS professional qualification.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.