We are currently looking for a positive and flexible Assistant Building Surveyor who has attained a BSc in Building Surveying or is in the last year of study
Title: Assistant Building Surveyor
Team: Building Surveying
As an Assistant Building Surveyor, you will be assisting in the delivery of design solutions to various building surveying commissions.
The main job purpose
- Assisting in ensuring that all surveying work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of the Company and of those Surveying Institutions with which the Company is associated.
- Assisting Building Surveyors in their undertaking the role of Contract Administrator on Building Surveying commissions.
- Assisting in the undertaking of a variety of Building Surveys including measured surveys, condition surveys and access audits.
- Assisting in providing building surveying design solutions and producing reports.
- Assisting with Party Wall, Dilapidations and other quasi-legal projects.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Workbench and Client specific systems.
- Assisting in managing Client workloads and framework agreements, and assisting in the development of the company’s partnering commissions.
- Supporting the identification of new clients and project opportunities.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to write succinct and accurate reports.
- A good knowledge of the current Building Regulations and Planning Laws.
Your previous experience
- Office based and site-based work experience in Building Surveying undertaken in conjunction with a suitable university course.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established team reporting directly to a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor.
- A good team player who is willing to work hard.
- An ambition to qualify as a Chartered Building Surveyor.
- The role will allow for future development, training and progression into a Senior Surveyor role with the aim of achieving an RICS professional qualification.
- Attained BSc in Building Surveying or in last year of study.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.