- Assisting with and carrying out management and refurbishment asbestos surveys of any type of property. In addition to site works there will is a requirement to write reports and carry out quality assurance works.
- Liaising with the client on asbestos remediation works. Assistance with project management of asbestos removal processes including liaison with Licensed Asbestos Removal Contractors. Assistance in reviewing documentation associated with the asbestos remediation process and carrying out quality assurance works when required.
- Carry out ad-hoc bulk asbestos sampling works
- Ensure that all work is in full compliance with the requirements of relevant asbestos legislation and guidelines and in accordance with any professional institutions to which FRMS is associated.
- Supporting the risk management division through advice, feedback on survey processes and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings and correspondence on a monthly or ad-hoc basis as appropriate.
- Identifying new work opportunities through existing clients or through new-leads.
- Liaising with the client during all stages of the asbestos survey and report writing process.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- P402 essential with preferably 2 years experience in the work environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of asbestos surveying and regulations is required.
- Experience with social housing surveys is preferable..
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Good all-round building surveying knowledge including understanding of the types and use of asbestos within premises.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Graduate (Building surveying preferable).
Educational requirements and professional qualifications
- A good general education to degree or diploma level in a related subject is desirable.
- Good eye for detail and scrutinising of work by other colleagues.
- Enthusiastic, and adaptable to working and developing within a small team.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and other partners, including Group representatives, other consultants, and contractors.
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted is important. This role could potentially develop into a wider compliance surveying opportunity within other areas such as fire risk assessment or legionella risk assessment and monitoring.
- Willingness and ability to travel widely as part of the works. Occasional overnight stays may be needed. Applicants should be car-owners with a full clean driving licence.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.