We are currently looking for a 2nd Line Support Analyst with a minimum 3 years IT Desktop / System Support.
Title: 2nd Line Support Analyst
Administration, Applications installations deployment, upgrades, patches, troubleshooting. Assist Service Desk Team.
- Ensure Applications, prior to purchase, fit into current Enterprise Infrastructure
- Procurement of Applications, Licences, liaise with Vendors, Resellers, End-Users to achieve best price/product
- Troubleshoot day to day issues (with End-User and Server-Side Applications)
- Create & Document Deployment Packages, Software Group Policies where appropriate
- Schedule rollout of applications, licences, patches, service packs, version upgrades and Document
- Ensure Help Desk tickets are assigned/actioned/completed efficiently. Perform controls & checks. Follow the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
- Mobile Devices control via MDM
- Office 365 – such as Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange – answering queries
- Mimecast – email
- Business Continuity – Assist IT Manager with Performance, Restore Jobs, Test and Development
- Undertake various Project related work set by Group IT Manager
- Asset Management System – ensure all assets maintained
- End-point detection and response including ensuring end-points are kept up to date with OS updates, Application updates, patching, Vulnerability Scanning
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- An IT professional with technician experience in end user support and back-office support
- Skilled in Project-based software/ hardware installations
- Proven abilities with desk-side support and remote support
- Software installation and commissioning large scale mass deployment of hardware and software
- Experience using MS operating systems both desktop and server base
- Expert knowledge in supporting end users, maintaining infrastructure and troubleshooting
- Knowledge in MS office 365, Active Directory, Azure, Mimecast, and Virtualisation
- Working knowledge of networking including TCPIP/VPN/VLANs and using Aerohive/Extreme WIFI AP
- The role requires the individual to work with several departments outside of IT, on a daily basis. Therefore they need to possess a high level of patience and professionalism when working with other employees who will have a varying range of computer competencies.
- Ability to Work in a team or as an individual
- Ability to prioritise work into Integral, Important, Not so Important Categories.
- Good Communication Skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years IT Desktop / System Support
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Microsoft MTA
- Comptia A+ Network +
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.