We provide our clients with effective cost control procedures. Our approach is to ensure that all participants in a project are involved in cost control, including the Clients.
- Identifying the risks to the project and assorted costs.
- The preparation of a robust budget at the outset.
- The agreement of cost control procedures, taking into account any Standing Orders or procedures required by the Client.
- The agreement of limits of authority.
- The preparation of a pre-tender estimate.
- The preparation of monthly cost reports throughout the contract period (with emphasis on the Forward Look).
- The agreement to change proposals before the works are implemented.
- Monitoring the trends of change.
- Monitoring the expenditure of the contingency sum.
We see our role as Quantity Surveyors as being a key member of the design team, and would use the above procedures in our collaborative, methods of working. A robust relationship with the Quantity Surveyor of any scheme is essential to ensuring cost control.