The built environment is constantly changing by growth, ageing, usage, legislation and the requirement for upgrading. Our Building Surveyors’ extensive experience enables them to offer all the necessary expertise to meet the changing demands.
Our Building Surveying Division provides professional advice on all property-related matters. They have a broad and in depth knowledge of all facets of the built environment including building design, upgrading, refurbishment, renovation, and contract administration, building surveys for condition, purchase and lease, party wall matters, dilapidations and diagnosing building defects.
The size of the Building Surveying team within Frankham gives us excellent flexibility to service Clients’ needs and deadlines and to provide the required level of resource. Being part of a Multi Discipline group allows us to rapidly interact with the other disciplines.
We appreciate that Clients’ budgets are finite and are acutely aware of the need to achieve ‘value for money’ solutions and ensure future maintenance costs are considered, whilst also ensuring the Clients’ aspirations are met.
- Advise clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements.
- Prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
- Prepare documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair.
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
- Advise on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
- Advise on management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
- Deal with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations.
- Assess and design buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Advise on construction design and management regulations.
- Negotiate dilapidations.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Advise on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures.
- Measured Building Surveys.
- Schedules of Condition.
- License for Alteration.