Duty to Manage
In accordance with Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR), explicit duties are placed upon organisations to manage asbestos within non-domestic properties.
Being UKAS-accredited (ISO/IEC: 17020:2012), Frankham Risk Management Services Ltd (FRMS), can advise, undertake and complete asbestos surveys in accordance with the HSE’s HSG264. Our P402 qualified staff will ensure that the correct and compliant survey is carried out prior to programme commencement and based upon the scope of works for the project.
Within the scope of our UKAS-accreditation, we offer the following services:
- Management Surveys(formerly type 2).
- Refurbishment/Demolition surveys(formerly type 3).
- Production of comprehensive survey reports including asbestos register, risk assessments, recommendations for action, photos and detailed drawings.
In addition to the above, FRMS has extensive experience in delivering strategic management solutions for organisations that need to manage asbestos within their premises. Our approach to asbestos risk management principally focuses on the processes of review, information gathering, development of procedures and communication. Our main aim is to guide our clients through the legislation, translating its requirements into language that can be easily understood and put into action ‘Reducing exposure by managing risk’.
The following additional services are available as part of our compliance offering *:
- Troubleshooting and advice;
- Full compliance reviews;
- Technical Support to duty holders;
- Cost management;
- Production or review of management plans and procedures;
- Contractor procurement;
- Asbestos awareness training;
- Priority risk assessments;
- Specialist asbestos software systems.
*Please note these are provided outside our scope of UKAS- accreditation.