Most building work or transaction involving land or buildings is shaped by the planning process.
One of the first and most important stages of planning advice is the initial appraisal. Specialist advices is often needed to inform the application and early engagement can be critical to success. We provide expert input across the entire planning process, from planning appraisals, planning applications, settling of reserved matters and discharging planning conditions through economic studies to negotiation of Section 106 agreements. In partnership with our development consultancy and architectural colleagues, we can advise on the full development of a project from initial concept design and planning overview, through to a full planning submission and negotiation of legal agreements to discharge of planning conditions ready to start on site.
Our advice is based on an intimate understanding of current planning legislation and policy, combined with a comprehensive development and multi-disciplinary building design and engineering consultancy ensures that a complete service is available for our clients from the start of any project.
Our planning team specialise in the following services:
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Evidence base studies/reports
- Listed buildings, conservation areas and heritage advice
- Local and neighbourhood plan promotions
- Office to residential development
- Planning and development appraisals
- Planning applications
- S106 negotiations
- Site appraisal
- Strategic planning advice
- Urban regeneration
Any transaction involving land or buildings is shaped by planning. Expert guidance can make all the difference in establishing the best achievable permissions. A site’s value and viability can depend on it.
Together, our planning experts advise and guide clients through the various, and often complex, aspects of the planning process. These include:
- applications and appeals
- compulsory purchase and compensation
- regeneration and urban design
- heritage appraisals and strategy
- legal agreements and infrastructure payments
- stakeholder engagement
- sustainability and environment
- and planning policy