We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Senior Employer’s Agent to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
- Deliver the culture of the company and the company values
- Understanding of Clients brief for project
- Obtain instructions and written orders from Client
- Prepare tender documentation for submission to contractors, analyse tender returns, negotiate
or recommend tender, appoint contractors etc.
- Liaise with all project team, including architects, contractors etc. to agree scheme brief / costs
- Preparation of Employers Requirements, preliminary documents including contract
- Undertake where required auditing / completion of funding documentation.
- Preparation of building contract for scheme i.e. JCT, NEC, PPC type contracts
- Contract administration, site visits, chairing project meetings, producing detailed minutes etc.
Agree valuations, prepare Certificates for Payment, PC, Completion of Defects etc.
- Undertake snagging / end of defect inspections etc.
- Answer all correspondence in a timely manner, and save to Project Folder / DocWorkbench
Promote the consultancy services of FCG to potential clients
- Comply with all Company policies and requirements of BMS system
- Assist with the preparation of fee bids, invitations to tender etc.
- Keep close contact with existing clients, to promote the generation of repeat business and
assist in seeking new Clients
- Keep up to date with all new legislation and disseminate information to team
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- Ensuring that all work is in full compliance with relevant Statutory Requirements and
regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of
those Surveying Institutions with which Frankham is associated.
Key Skills & Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be
credible in the eyes of the Client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure
compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to
be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness.
- Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Project to aid the management and administration of the
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working
- To be able to read and understand contracts.
- Control and monitor work to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure client brief and delivery programme are achieved.
- Assist Manager to ensure that projects are set-up on Workbench, and that time is accurately
recorded against projects.
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure delivery timelines and budgets are on
track. Assist in resolving issues and manage change control.
- Monitor customer service proactively to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to
achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage the client relationship in conjunction with the Manager.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes with clients and sub contractors.
- Assist with the performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service of the team is
maintained and improved.
- In conjunction with the Manager, develop and maintain relationships with key Clients where
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control
- Assist with the input for PQQs, Fee Bids.
- Preparation of Case Studies and other marketing material.
- To assist the Manager on resource needs for projects.
- To assist the Manager in ensuring Workbench is kept up-to-date – Fee Forecasts & Revenue etc.
Key Attitudes and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, pro –active, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets.
- Able to collaborate with the Manager.
- Assist Junior members in the team with any technical queries.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Confident and professional communication with both external and internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the Business and wider Group.
- Keeping in touch with Professional Institutions regarding the qualifications and professional competence requirements of the post.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.