We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years, we have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Senior Building Surveyor join our existing team based at our London office.
- Deliver the culture of the company and the company values.
- Ensuring that all surveying work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those surveying institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Undertaking role of contract administrator, employer’s agent, project manager on surveying and multi disciplinary commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of building surveys including condition surveys, dilapidation surveys and DDA surveys.
- Providing design solutions and producing reports.
- Advising on solutions to building pathology problems.
- Undertake the role of party wall surveyor.
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of the company. Attending company marketing functions and representing the company as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationship with the company’s client base. Liaising with company representatives, clients, other consultants and contractors.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Workbench.
- Knowledge of public sector clients, particularly Education, Health, Defence, Civil Government, Housing and Transport sectors.
- Managing individual client workloads and framework agreements.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and NBS specification manager to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices
- To be able to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to use Autocad Revit to a basic level and Autocad Architecture to an intermediate level.
- Control and monitor work to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure client brief and delivery programme are achieved.
- Assist the manager to ensure that projects are set-up on Workbench, and that time is accurately recorded against projects.
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure timely delivery and that budgets are on track. Assist in resolving issues and manage change control.
- Monitor customer service proactively to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage the client relationship in conjunction with the manager.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes with clients and sub contractors.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service of the team is maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- Assist with the input for PQQs and fee bids.
- Preparation of case studies and other marketing material.
- To assist the manager on resource needs for projects.
- To assist the manager on developing and maintaining the business plan.
- Understanding of how to use Workbench and extract, monitor and review the key reports relating to: job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, and aged debtors.
- To ensure Workbench is kept up-to-date – forecasts, pipeline, raise project numbers, etc.
- Ensure the timely issue of invoices and the execution of the client pledge.
Key Attitudes and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, pro–active, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets.
- Able to collaborate with the manager.
- Assist junior members in the team with any technical queries.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Confident and professional communication with both external and internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the business and wider Group.
- Keeping in touch with professional institutions regarding the qualifications and professional competence requirements of the post.
Qualification & Training
- MRICS Chartered Building or near chartered
- BSc Building Surveying, Construction Management or similar or equivalent by experience.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.