Frankham was appointed early in the design process to provide the BREEAM assessment service. The target rating was Very Good under BREEAM New Construction 2011 criteria. The site comprised of 2-4 Malton Road, formally the Elderly Persons Integrated Care Service centre located beneath the Westway on the northern side and approximately 50m west of Ladbroke Grove. The Proposal included installation of new double storey frontage. The internal alterations were to facilitate the use of the building by RBKC Adult and Children’s Services including a series of offices, meeting rooms and associated facilities for staff.
Frankham Environmental Team worked with the design team to incorporate the targeted credits through implementation of a BREEAM Specification Document for the contractor to follow on site. Sustainable features of the building included:
- Reuse of the existing facades with improved u-values and added insulation.
- The use of heat recovery systems within the building.
- Low water consumption fittings throughout.
- Low Energy Lighting controlled by PIR’s.
- PIR linked solenoid water shut off valves to reduce potential for water leaks.
- Zoned and occupant controlled heating/cooling systems throughout the offices.
- Recycling facilities provided within the building.
- Energy metering provided and linked to Building Monitoring System so that energy use can be interrogated.
020 8309 firstname.lastname@example.org