We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Principal Drainage Design Engineer to join our existing team based at either our London or Sidcup Office.
- To lead and manage a team to produce civil engineering design information, being primarily drainage and pavement design, and coordinating the delivery of information in liaison with other Engineering Team Managers, including Structural Engineering, Rail and Maritime. Drawing support will be provided by the combined CAD team that supports all civil and structural engineering.
- Ensure that all project information is produced in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Understand and implement, in liaison with other Engineering Managers/Project Engineers, the group Project/Design/Change Control/Client Management processes on delegated projects. Report any non-compliances at the earliest opportunity.
- To act as Project Information Manager/Task Information Manager/Interface Manager/Information Author as required on delegated projects.
- Proactively manage resource, control and monitor all work to ensure that delegated projects are delivered within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed and that time is accurately recorded against projects. Notify the Associate Director/Engineering Team Managers/Lead Engineers/Commercial Administrator of any changes/key issues (anticipated or current) at the earliest opportunity. To procure and manage external resources as required.
- To produce regular reports to the Manager – Civil & Structural Engineering in respect of project delivery against agreed timescales, cost budget and quality parameters.
- Act as the lead for Civil Engineering in developing our software related capabilities, for information production, including AutoCAD, Revit, Civils3D and MicroDrainage.
- Develop the standards, processes and templates for all Civil Engineering software tools, e.g. AutoCAD symbols and Revit Libraries, in collaboration with the Group BIM Manager.
- Ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) and other relevant Health & Safety Regulations for all aspects of delegated projects.
- Develop/maintain relationships with, influence and coordinate with members of other teams within the Group, Clients, Contractors and Stakeholders etc.
- Work proactively with the Head of Technical Coordination and BIM, and other Managers to develop, agree and implement improved processes and systems.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Where delegated, ensure that written Letters of Instruction and signed Terms & Conditions are agreed with the Client and held on record.
- Work with the other team members including Discipline Managers and the Marketing & Business Development teams to prepare and submit high quality and competitive Fee Bids, PQQ and ITT submissions. Produce website news, case studies and other marketing content for all projects.
- Assist in the development of new business opportunities and repeat business.
- Support the Commercial Administrator and other Engineering Managers in the development and implementation of the Profit Centre Business Plans.
- Where appropriate, personally deliver aspects of the work as part of the project delivery team.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Have a working knowledge of current BIM processes, including BS 1192 and PAS1192:2 and ensure implementation of these processes throughout project delivery.
Qualification & Training
- Professional qualification, preferably chartered.
- Post Graduate qualification-Desirable.
- 3 years’ experience of managing a team in a professional services environment.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.