Senior Electrical Engineer job Sidcup or London
Responsible for the design, specification and contract management of Building Services projects
- Review and verification of detailed survey information of electrical plant, services and equipment to confirm the extent of the existing installation and ensure sufficient information is available to complete the design or meet the Client’s requirements as required.
- Supervision and coordination of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports for all aspects of electrical services. Checking of technical reports. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
- Contract Management, Contract administration, project management, site attendance and monitoring of projects to ensure compliance with the Client’s brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
- To ensure that the financial control of a contract is being maintained within the Client’s budget. Monitor the design and project management of commissions within agreed cost budget and programme. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Principal Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
- Ensure the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
- Liaise with Group representatives, Design Teams, Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, Company Representatives, staff from the former Public Utilities, and Local Government Offices.
- Assist in the identification of new design work opportunities on behalf of Frankham.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Job Requirements/Person Specification
- Either 5 years’ post graduate experience or comparable work experience within the building services design environment both off and on site.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Experience in Microsoft Project and design software (Amtech, Dialux etc).
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BEng or MSc Degree in Building Services or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent by experience. Accredited to a professional body for route to Incorporated or Chartered status.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established building services design team reporting directly to a Project Manager or Associate Engineer.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Frankham Consultancy Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.