We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
- Ensuring that all Surveying work is in full compliance with relevant Statutory Requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankhams and of those Surveying Institutions with which Frankhams is associated.
- Undertaking role of Contract Administrator on Surveying commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of Building Surveys including Condition Surveys, Dilapidation Surveys and DDA surveys.
- Providing design solutions and producing reports.
- Advising on solutions to Building Pathology problems.
- Assist in the role of Party Wall Surveyor.
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of the Company. Attending Company marketing functions and representing the Company as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationship with the Frankhams Client base. Liaising with Group representatives, Clients, other Consultants, Contractors.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Workbench.
- Knowledge of Public Sector clients particularly in the Housing, Transport and Education Sectors.
- Managing individual Client’ workloads and framework agreements.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Key Skills and Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the Client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Understanding of how to use Workbench and extract, monitor and review the key reports relating to: job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, and aged debtors.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices
- To be able to read and understand contracts.
- Control and monitor work to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure client brief and delivery programme are achieved.
- Assist Manager to ensure that projects are set-up on Workbench, and that time is accurately recorded against projects.
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure delivery timelines and budgets are on track. Assist in resolving issues and manage change control.
- Monitor customer service proactively to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage the client relationship in conjunction with the Manager.
- Ensure the timely issue of invoices and the execution of the Client Pledge.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes with clients and sub contractors.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service is maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Clients.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- Assist with the input for PQQs, Fee Bids, Case Studies and other marketing material.
- To assist the manager on resource needs for projects.
Key Attitudes and Behaviors
- Be enthusiastic, pro –active, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets.
- Able to collaborate with the Manager.
- Assist Junior members in the team with any technical queries.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Confident and professional communication with both external and internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the Business and wider Group.
- Keeping in touch with Professional Institutions regarding the qualifications and professional competence requirements of the post.
Qualifications and Training
- Chartered Surveyor / CIOB with a minimum of 5 years experience within the Building Environment both on and off site.
- BSc Building Surveying, Construction Management or similar or equivalent by experience.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.