We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking an experienced Maritime Engineer to join our existing team based at our Head offices in Sidcup.
We are currently looking for a Chartered or nearly Chartered Engineer with significant Maritime Experience to join and manage our Maritime Engineering team. This team undertakes a variety of Maritime engineering work predominantly on existing structures. Although this position is based in the Sidcup Office, projects will occur across the UK.
This role involves
- To develop and grow the maritime business by interfacing with both existing and new clients.
- To deliver projects to programme, to budget and to match or exceed the clients’ expectations in terms of quality, health and safety and environmental issues.
- To co-ordinate and undertake design of a variety of maritime structures.
- To react to occasional call outs or pre-arranged events, attending site, making key decisions which may impact on various maritime infrastructure or the safety of the public and others and referring to others in the team as appropriate, preparing clear and concise reports to summarise findings in an agreed report format.
- To programme and control projects (or elements thereof) and report to the Associate Director on key issues, costs and challenges.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Preferred Chartered or Incorporated MICE or MIStructE, BEng or BSc
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Design of maritime and waterfront structures such as marinas, jetties, river walls and fendering systems.
- Inspections of existing structures, prepare reports and make recommendations for repair or maintenance regimes.
- Supervise site works when required.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.