We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Health & Safety and CDM Consultant to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
To be a member of the Health & Safety and CDM Team, principally involved in the provision of CDM Consultancy Services under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 acting in the role of Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client, along with providing Health & Safety Consultancy Services when required.
Project sectors include but are not limited to: Housing, NHS, Local Government, Transport and Education.
- Be able to understand and fulfil the regulatory role of Principal Designer and the non regulatory roles of Adviser to the Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Be able to prepare and produce F10 Notifications on behalf of Clients, Pre-construction Information, be able to understand Construction Phase Plans, Method
- Statements, Design Risk Management & Risk Registers and ensure relevant information is collated in order to produce a Health & Safety File.
- Be able to identify and where reasonably practicable eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during construction.
- Be able undertake the role, duties and responsibilities to assist Clients, Principal Designers and Principal Contractors in understanding their regulatory duties.
- Ability to undertake Health & Safety Site Inspections and produce detailed reports.
- Assist and support the Manager of Health & Safety and CDM, in the continual development and improvement of the groups Health & Safety and CDM consultancy services, both internally and externally to the group, to aid the growth and turnover of the team and group year on year
- Assist and support the Health & Safety and CDM team in answering of PQQ’s and commissions.
- Assist and support the team in the provision of project financial information.
- Be able to manage own projects and be involved in project finance management throughout the duration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in construction under the CDM 2015 regulations is essential.
- Reasonable understanding and good working knowledge of the CDM 2007 regulations is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience and ability in relevant sectors across the construction industry.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of construction health and safety to be able to identify safe systems of works.
- Experienced user of industry standard office software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Network rail or equivalent experience would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Holder of a full, clean driving licence (and owner of a suitable vehicle that will be made available for use at work).
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Professionally qualified at Technician, Graduate and/or chartered level (or equivalent) and maintains membership of an appropriate professional/construction and health and safety institution.
- Is able to show evidence of undertaking of continuing professional development (CPD) and maintenance of skills in construction and health and safety.
- Hold registered membership (IMaPS) of the Associated for Project Safety (or equivalent) or can attain within 3 months of joining the Group.
- Preferably holds appropriate health and safety related qualification(s) (e.g. NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate level as a minimum).
- Highly motivated self-starter – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility.
- Has a positive working attitude along with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail to ensure a professional standard is provided at all times.
- Can remain flexible in a dynamic role within a busy and expanding H&S and CDM team reporting directly to the Manager of Health & Safety and CDM.
- Excellent time management skills.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.