We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Building Surveyor to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
- Ensuring that all Surveying work is in full compliance with relevant Statutory Requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those Surveying Institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Undertaking role of Contract Administrator on Surveying commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of Building Surveys including Condition Surveys, Dilapidation Surveys and DDA surveys.
- Providing design solutions and producing professional reports.
- Advising on solutions to Building Pathology problems with assistance where necessary.
- Assist in the role of Party Wall Surveyor.
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of the Company. Attending Company marketing functions and representing the Company as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationship with the Frankham Client base. Liaising with Group representatives, Clients, other Consultants & Contractors.
- Maintaining and monitoring financial performance of projects through the use of Workbench.
- Knowledge of Clients particularly in the Housing, Transport and Education Sectors.
- Assist in Managing individual Client’ workloads.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Key Skills & Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery with assistance where necessary.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of Client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Understanding of how to use Workbench to extract, monitor and review the key reports including: job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, and aged debtors.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices.
- To increase knowledge of different forms of contract.
- Ability to use CAD to a basic level.
- Assist with the input for PQQs, Fee Bids, Case Studies and other marketing material if requested.
- Control workload to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure Client brief budgets and delivery programmes are achieved.
- Ensure that time is accurately recorded against projects.
- Assist with Client relationships with the Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Assist with the timely issue of invoices.
- Assist the Manager in the resolution of disputes with Clients and sub contractors.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service of the team is maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
Key Attitudes and Behaviours
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills & flexibility in a dynamic role within an established team.
- Able to collaborate with the Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Assist Junior members in the team with any technical queries.
- The ability to present facts clearly and logically.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.