Architect Junior CAD Technician job Oxford.
The role is to assist the architectural design teams in the preparation of two and three dimensional CAD drawings and models, calculations, design specifications and to coordinate the companies Building Information Modelling solutions for Architecture and part of multi disciplinary team.
The candidate would be working on a diverse range of projects to include: Schools and Universities, Residential, Commercial and Healthcare. Due to an increase in workload, recent project wins and a healthy order book we are looking to recruit Revit Architectural Technicians to join the CAD Team on a Permanent basis.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Production of general arrangement and detailed drawings.
- Work to be produced in Revit 3D, 2D and AutoCAD 2D.
- To develop and expand the company’s Revit expertise.
- To investigate Building Information Modelling in general, not just Revit, but also how the sharing of information can be made more efficient and seamless.
- Production of 3D models and graphics.
- Responsibility of change control and co-ordination with building services, structural and other internal and external consultants’ drawings.
- To help with ensuring that all designs and details conform with all relevant legislative, statutory, and Health and Safety requirements and procedures.
- Production of paper copy drawings.
- To follow implementation of Personal Development Plans and other administrative procedures and to assist the company in maintaining its Investors in People and Quality Assurance and Environmental standards.
- To maintain and develop the company’s Revit standards and build a catalogue of best practices for model creation, templates, families etc.
- Production of standard templates and details in conjunction with the BIM/CAD Manager.
The ideal candidates must:
- Have undergone formal Revit Training and would be beneficial for have formal accreditation in Revit.
- Have working knowledge of IT software and hardware commensurate with Revit package and future updates.
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Be a good team player.
- Have good communication skills.
As an Architectural Technologist or Technician you will be working towards specialisation in the application of building science and technology to architectural and construction projects. You are recognised as having some specialist skills enabling you to manage the design process and use your technical knowledge and expertise to provide innovative solutions. In addition you will also have some experience at negotiating and managing the development of a construction project. You will want to work towards negotiating and managing all aspects of architectural and construction contracts, whether it is using traditional, partnering or other methods. You will also recognise the significance of the post construction aspects of the project. As an architectural professional you will adhere to your Code of Conduct.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frankham Consultancy Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.